Acct 555 Midterm Essay
Click Link Below To Buy:
1. (TCO F) Which of the following procedures should an auditor generally perform regarding subsequent events?
2. (TCO A) An auditor reads the letter of transmittal accompanying a county's comprehensive annual financial report and identifies a material inconsistency with the financial statements. The auditor determines that the financial statements do not require revision. Which of the following actions should the auditor take?
3. (TCO F) An auditor's independence is considered impaired if the auditor has
4. (TCO B) When an independent CPA is associated with the financial statements of a publicly held entity but has not audited or reviewed such …show more content…
We conducted our audit in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America. Those standards require that we plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free of material misstatement. An audit includes examining, on a test basis, evidence supporting the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements. An audit also includes assessing the accounting principles used and significant estimates made by management, as well as evaluating the overall financial statement presentation. We believe that our audit provides a reasonable basis for our opinion.
The company has included in property and debt in the accompanying balance sheet certain lease obligations that, in our opinion, should be expensed in order to conform with generally accepted accounting principles. If these lease obligations were capitalized, property would be decreased by $4,000,000, long-term debt by $2,000,000, and retained earnings by $180,000 as of October 31, 2009, and net income and earnings per share would be decreased by $180,000 and $0.62, respectively, for the past year.
3. (TCO C) The following situation involves a possible violation of the AICPA's code of professional conduct. For this situation, (1) determine the applicable rule